The Bort SellaDur FLOC for Thumb Joint Stabilization
The Bort SellaDur FLOC is a similar product to the original SellDur Thumb Arthritis Treatment. The SellaDur FLOC thumb support has improved comfort and stabilizing capabilities that make this hand splint unique to other Bort thumb braces. Both thumb splints stabilize the saddle joint at the base of the thumb that provides flexion and extension movements.
SellaDur FLOC Short Thumb Spica Features:
- Essentially a thumb saddle joint brace that fits like a hand stabilizer over the thumb and part of the wrist for the best stabilization.
- The main addition to the SellaDur FLOC is the textile flocking material which provides added comfort on the hand; a step up from the material of the original Bort SellaDur.
- The holes in the thumb splint provide ventilation and breathability for patients who wear the finger support brace long term.
- The visible raised edge at the thumb forefinger provides extra support to immobilize the pressure that comes from the thumb joints rubbing against each other.
- Hand washable with soap and warm water; lay flat to dry.
The SellaDur FLOC Soft Thumb Spica Splint for Skier’s Thumb
Skier’s thumb is a thumb ligament injury to the tissue, or ligaments, that connect the bones in the thumb. Since this thumb support brace immobilizes saddle joint movement, it is ideal for injured ligaments and tendons in the thumb.
A skier’s thumb brace like the Bort SellaDur FLOC helps in the recovery from injuries from falling on the thumb or when the thumb is bent in an awkward direction.
- Pain in the base of the thumb.
- Gripping objects becomes impossible or painful.
- The inside of the thumb becomes tender.
- Wrist pain that may need an added wrist immobilizer.