Features of this Hand Brace for Arthritis
- The wrist splint portion of the brace support is adjustable for maximum comfort and usability, as is the wrist strap located on the brace that adds stabilization for pain in the wrist.
- The unique zipper addition runs up to the thumb making it easy to apply and remove to the wrist injury.
- This is a hand and wrist stay that runs up to the hand and thumb for increased stabilization to the wrist area.
An Arthritis Hand Support
Your hand and wrist have many joints that work together to create movement. When your joints are affected by arthritis, activities of daily living can be difficult. Arthritis can occur in multiple areas of the hand and wrist.
As many as one out of every five people in the US has experienced symptoms of arthritis on at least one of their hand joints. About half of arthritis sufferers are under age 50. Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in the United States. It typically occurs from either disease or trauma.
The cartilage in your hands and wrist is meant to be a shock absorber. This cartilage provides a smooth surface for the joint to glide on. When the cartilage near your joints becomes worn or damaged, or is lost due to disease or trauma, the joint no longer has a painless, mobile area of motion. Your body will attempt to make up for the lost cartilage. Fluid in the joint lining, which tries to act like a cushion is produced. But this causes your joints to swell which restricts motion. The swelling causes stretching of the joint covering (capsule), which causes pain - known as arthritis. A wrist brace for arthritis such as the ManuZip can help.
Common Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel and the ManuZip Eco
What is carpal tunnel syndrome? This is when the carpal tunnel in the wrist becomes compressed and irritated. The carpal tunnel is located on the bottom side of wrist and protects the main ligaments and tendons in the area. These tendons are what control the hand and finger and when injured not only the wrist is affected, but the entire hand area. Not only is the ManuZip Eco a great arthritis hand support - it also aids in treating symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome:
- Comforts the numb pain caused by tunnel syndrome.
- The feeling similar to pin-needles is compressed and stabilized.
- The pain often gets worse when the wrist is in use, and the ManuZip Eco stabilizes wrist movements.
An Arthritis Wrist Brace Great for Many Wrist Injuries
- Great for a wrist sprain or a more general wrist strain—this is a ligament injury to the wrist that needs to be stabilized.
- Wrist injuries often result from a sports injury. Sports injuries vary in severity, but the ManuZip Eco stabilizes and comforts any pain in wrists.
- Works great after plaster or similar is used because of a wrist fracture or broken wrist. This brace support comforts and stabilizes a weakened wrist while still providing the mobility necessary for recovery.
- Adjustable volar splint and Stabilo strap for secure stabilization of the wrist
- Color: beige, blue
|Name||Bort ManuZip Eco Arthritis Wrist Brace|
Write Your Own Review
|Shipping Method||Destination||Est. Delivery Date|
|Ground||Continental US Only||06/15/2013 - 06/18/2013|
|2nd Day||United States||06/15/2013|
|Next Day||United States||06/14/2013|
|Expedited||Canada||06/16/2013 - 06/19/2013|
|International||International||06/17/2013 - 06/23/2013|
|Size||Circumference of Wrist|
|X-Small||Up to 13 cm|
|Small||13 - 15 cm|
|Medium||15 - 17 cm|
|Large||17 - 19 cm|
|X-Large||19 - 21 cm|
|Measurement point: Circumference of wrist proximal to styloideus.|