Unique Hinged Knee Splint
This high-quality knee brace for joint pain features interchangeable (and removable) splints and hinges on both sides of the knee that mean the orthotic can be adjusted as a patient improves. This feature helps the Bort knee brace to stand out from other knee joint braces.
Another bonus is that the hinges can limit extension to 0 degrees. Extension control is needed following a number of knee injuries.
These hinges help stabilize the knee when the ligaments are not up to the task. More specifically, this knee brace can help when the collateral ligaments of the knee joint are weak or damaged.
Besides the stays and hinges, the bandage for knee joint pain relief also includes a thigh strap for increased stability and a silicone pad to support the patella.
The body of the knee brace is made of anatomically contoured knitted material that has a strong, dual-tension quality. But the areas at the edges of the brace and the hollow of the knee are pressure-reduced, to improve user comfort and the application process. Plus sizes suited for larger thigh circumferences are also available. One can find more bariatric products here.
The compression this material provides is also helpful when it comes to how to relieve joint pain. The compression supports the ligaments and helps with their holding function, easing pain and strain on the knee joint. This also helps avoid damaging movements.
And last but not least, the compression the hinged knee sleeve provides can help reduce inflation. See more compression sleeves for the knee.
Joint Braces for Collateral Ligament Insufficiency
The primary function of the medial collateral ligament (MCL) and the lateral collateral ligament (LCL) is to stabilize the knee as it moves through its full range of motion (along with other tissues of the knee). Besides the pain and inflammation that will likely occur when these ligaments are sprained, one may also experience knee instability.
This Bort knee brace is well suited when it comes to how to treat knee joint pain stemming from collateral ligament insufficiency. The strong, dual tension knit material of the brace provides compression to reduce swelling and it helps with the holding function of the ligaments. Check out our full selection of LCL and MCL knee braces.
The splints and hinges of the brace along with the patella strap also help stabilize the knee and protect against additional damage.
Other treatment steps depending upon the degree of the sprain might include following the steps of RICE, a brief period of immobilization with the use of crutches, taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications and possibly surgery. (We also offer a number of post-operation knee braces.)
Features of Bort Knee Bandage for Support and Comfort
This compression knee bandage has a number of features that optimize it for treating injury to various knee tissue structures, including joint, ligaments, capsules and cartilages. Following is a summary of its selling points:
- Supports injured joint, ligaments, cartilages and capsules; specially geared toward treatment of knee collateral ligament insufficiency
- Hinges on either side of the kneecap stabilize the lateral ligaments, protect against damaging movement
- The hinges of this bandage for the knee can be removed and replaced with enclosed stays on either side of the knee
- The interchangeable hinges/splints allow knee brace adjustment as one’s treatment advances
- Circular fixing strap for the thigh for extra support
- Velcro closure
- Silicone pad for support of the kneecap
- Closed-patella knee brace design
- Made of strong, dual tension knitted material
- Anatomically formed padded knee brace
- Pressure-reduced edges and knee hollow for easy knee orthotic application
- High-quality knee bandage Can be washed (by hand with mild detergent)
- Color: White and silver
- Plus-sizing system allows for an ideal fit
- Available in numerous sizes, including plus-sizes. Sizes based on the circumference of the leg 6” below the kneecap and 6” above the knee cap.
- Small: 10”-11.5” | 12.5-14”
- Medium: 11.5”-13” | 14”-16”
- Medium Plus: 11.5”-13” | 16”-17.5”
- Large: 13”-14.5” | 16”-17.5”
- Large Plus: 13”-14.5” | 17.5”-19”
- X-Large: 14.5”-16” | 17.5”-19”
- X-Large Plus: 14.5”-16” | 19”-20.5”
- 2X-Large: 16”-17.5” | 20.5”-22”
- 2X-Large Plus: 16”-17.5” | 22”-23.5”
|Size||6" Above Kneecap||6" Below Kneecap|
|S||12 1/4" - 14"||10" - 11 1/2"|
|M||14" - 15 3/4"||11 1/2" - 13"|
|L||15 3/4" - 17 1/2"||13" - 14 1/2"|
|XL||17 1/4" - 19"||14 1/2" - 16"|
|XL Plus||19" - 20 1/2"||14 1/2" - 16"|
|2XL||20 1/2" - 22"||16" - 17 1/2"|
|2XL Plus||22" - 23 1/2"||16" - 17 1/2"|
|3XL||22" - 23 1/2"||17 1/2" - 19"|
|3XL Plus||23 1/2" - 26"||17 1/2" - 19"|
|Circumference of leg 6" above kneecap and 6" below kneecap|