Use the Bauerfeind MalleoLoc as an Orthotic Ankle Brace or as an Ankle Brace for Sports
Perfect for use while playing sports such as basketball, volleyball, and the like or for use in everyday activities, the MalleoLoc stabilizing ankle brace helps increase ankle stability without restricting mobility. It is also ideal for treatment of chronic ankle instability, flatfoot, and posterior tibial dysfunction or for use as an ankle sprain brace.
What Is Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction and How Can Ankle Braces and Supports Help?
Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction is one of the most common disorders of the ankle and foot. This problem occurs when the posterior tibial tendon is inflamed or torn. When this happens, the tendon can no longer provide stability and support for the arch of the foot, resulting in flatfoot. Depending on the severity of the condition, most people suffering from posterior tibial tendon dysfunction can actually choose to forgo potentially painful and inconvenient surgery by using ankle-foot orthotics.
The Bauerfeind MalleoLoc ankle brace can effectively help treat tibial tendon dysfunction. Functioning as an orthotic ankle brace, the Bauerfeind MalleoLoc not only helps to better control the position of the foot, thus correcting flatfoot, but also—and more importantly—helps take tension off the tendon.
Some of the Features of the Bauerfeind MalleoLoc Ankle Support:
- Stabilizing ankle brace specifically contoured to increase stability without restricting mobility
- Unique design that leaves heel and front of the foot free for natural stabilization and allows for full plantar flexion and dorsiflexion
- Thermoplastic material that may be heat-molded to provide custom fit
- Excellent fit for an ankle support brace, especially along the outside of the ankle bone and behind the inside ankle bone to prevent outward ankle rolling
- Figure-8 Velcro strapping that stays secure even with vigorous activity
- Easy application
- Fitted with individually adjustable Velcro straps for precise comfort and fit
- A latex-free ankle guard that is functionally effective even without a shoe
The Bauerfeind MalleoLoc Ankle Support Brace is Ideal for:
- Chronic ankle instability
- Effective ankle strapping to prevent sprains
- Post-operative rehabilitation (ideal for use as an orthotic ankle brace)
- Post-cast use
- Posterior tibial dysfunction