The Best Ankle Sprain Support and an Ideal Plantar Fasciitis Ankle Brace
The Bauerfeind CaligaLoc is an innovative ankle stabilizer brace that helps support and protect the ankle joint. This ankle support specifically protects and stabilizes both the upper and lower ankle (in the case of sprains) during the crucial healing process. The Bauerfeind CaligaLoc also reduces lateral loads to the ankle and can serve as an ankle support brace during daytime and as a protective ankle splint at night to help in the treatment of plantar fasciitis. It is also perfect for use in post-operative rehabilitation.
How Can Ankle Braces and Supports Help Treat Sprains and Plantar Fasciitis?
Sprains occur when a ligament is stretched or torn. The most frequently sprained body part is the ankle, and this type of injury happens when the ankle is suddenly twisted too far or when the joint is forced out of its normal position (for instance, when you land awkwardly on your foot and tweak your ankle after jumping or leaping). Ankle sprains often occur during sports activities or while walking or running on uneven surfaces.
Depending on how serious the sprain is, ankle braces or ankle supports may be required for treatment. A patient may be required to wear a brace or a padded plaster, plastic, or fiberglass ankle splint for a minimum of ten days to six weeks. An ideal brace for sprained ankle provides excellent protection, reduces pain, and speeds up the healing process. To prevent reinjury, an ankle support wrap may be used.
Plantar fasciitis, on the other hand, is the inflammation of the plantar fascia (a broad, thick band of tissue that runs from under the heel to the front of the foot) that causes pain under the heel while walking and running. For treatment, a plantar fasciitis ankle brace can be used. Because one common characteristic of plantar fasciitis is that the plantar fascia tighens up at night, a brace is worn overnight to gently stretch the plantar fascia and help prevent it from tightening up.
The Bauerfeind CaligaLoc stabilizing ankle brace can double as a brace for sprained ankle or as a night splint to treat plantar fasciitis.
Some of the Features of the Bauerfeind CaligaLoc Ankle-Support Brace:
- An excellent ankle stabilizer that counteracts supination
- Prevents abnormal loads in the upper, and to a certain extent, lower ankle
- An anatomically contoured, thin, lightweight ankle brace support that ensures maximum comfort and convenience
- Slightly pronating raised heel section (toward the outside) takes the strain off the lateral malleolar ligaments (outer ankle ligaments)
- Four adjustable Velcro straps provide easy application and proper fit
- Latex-free construction eliminates skin irritation
- Easy to clean with soap and warm water
The Bauerfeind CaligaLoc Stabilizing Ankle Brace Is Ideal For:
- Conservative treatment of torn ankle ligaments
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (CMT)
- Ankle stabilization (an ideal brace for sprained ankle)
- Chronic ankle instability
- Foot Drop
- Post-operative protection after ligament suturing/reconstruction
- Plantar fasciitis (perfect for use as a night splint)
|Name||Bauerfeind CaligaLoc Stabilizing Ankle Brace - Foot Drop Brace|
Write Your Own Review
|Shipping Method||Destination||Est. Delivery Date|
|Ground||Continental US Only||05/26/2013 - 05/29/2013|
|2nd Day||United States||05/26/2013|
|Next Day||United States||05/25/2013|
|Expedited||Canada||05/27/2013 - 05/30/2013|
|International||International||05/28/2013 - 06/03/2013|
|Men - U.S. Shoe Size||-||6 ½-9 ½||10-14 ½|
|Women - U.S. Shoe Size||7 and below||7 ½-10 ½||11-15|