The Bauerfeind AirLoc Ankle Brace: An Ideal Ankle-Stabilizing Orthosis for Post-Operative Rehabilitation
The Bauerfeind AirLoc is an ankle-stabilizing orthosis that is perfect for post-operative rehabilitation. One of the more versatile ankle supports in the market today, it can also be used to help treat acute capsular ligament injuries of the ankle and chronic ankle instability. It is also ideal as an ankle-sprain brace that helps prevent against further ankle twisting. The anatomical contouring of the plastic shells, the individually adjustable Velcro fastenings, and the inflatable air cushions make the Bauerfeind AirLoc a very effective and comfortable orthotic ankle brace.
Why are Ankle Braces and Supports Important in Post-Operative Ankle Rehabilitation?
Surgery is often regarded as a last resort when it comes to most sporting injuries. However, surgery might be needed (especially in the case of professional athletes) to speed up recovery time and to prevent persistent injuries.
Because the ankles are some of the most oft-injured parts of the human body, they are also the ones frequently operated on and, in turn, the ones commonly subjected to post-operative rehabilitation.
Generally speaking, post-operative rehabilitation is the period of recovery that follows a surgical operation. Needless to say, the rehabilitation process is extremely important for the long term because an effective rehabilitation program can speed up recovery, improve performance, and prevent future injuries.
The use of an ankle brace or ankle support in post-operative ankle rehabilitation allows for both passive and active range-of-motion exercises, which results in improved functional recovery of patients. The Bauerfeind AirLoc, in particular, is an excellent ankle-support orthosis for use in post-operative ankle rehabilitation.
Some of the Features of the Bauerfeind AirLoc Orthopedic Ankle Brace:
- An ankle-stabilizing orthosis incorporating an innovative flexible shell that facilitates optimal adaptation to the individual foot width and the degree of swelling
- Plastic shells incorporated into the ankle brace are anatomically contoured and, therefore, fit the ankle comfortably
- Velcro straps that are specially cut and individually adjustable to match the patient's individual calf shape
- Individually inflatable air cushions that facilitate precise fitting for the respective degree of swelling
- An AirLoc system that provides a high degree of stabilization for the ankle
- A streamlined shell design that easily fits with any shoe style or size
- An ankle-foot orthosis that supports sensorimotor function to counteract ankle twisting and stabilizes the lateral capsular ligaments of the ankle, particularly when used in combination with a shoe
The Bauerfeind AirLoc Ankle Support Brace Is Ideal For:
- Acute capsular ligament injuries of the ankle
- Chronic instability
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Prevention against further ankle twisting (can be used as an excellent ankle stabilizer)
|Name||Bauerfeind AirLoc Ankle Brace|
Write Your Own Review
|Shipping Method||Destination||Est. Delivery Date|
|Ground||Continental US Only||06/25/2013 - 06/28/2013|
|2nd Day||United States||06/25/2013|
|Next Day||United States||06/24/2013|
|Expedited||Canada||06/26/2013 - 06/29/2013|
|International||International||06/27/2013 - 07/03/2013|
|Available in one universal size|