A Great Ankle Brace for Injury Prevention and Treatment and an Ideal Ankle Support for Running
The Bauerfeind AchilloTrain Pro is not only an excellent ankle support brace that helps in the prevention and treatment of ankle disorders such as Achilles bursitis, Achilles tendonitis, Achilles tendon strain, Haglunds Deformity, and Selver's Disease but is also an excellent athletic ankle brace, specifically when used as an ankle support for running or for other sports. Pain is relieved and mobility is eased and assisted while wearing the Achillotrain Pro.
What is Achilles Bursitis and How Can Ankle Supports Help?
Achilles tendon bursitis, which is also known as retrocalcaneal bursitis, is a common foot disorder experienced by athletes—runners in particular—although it is also fairly common with people who wear poorly designed shoes or high heels. Achilles bursitis is usually mistaken for Achilles tendonitis and can also occur in conjunction with the latter.
The bursa is a small sack of fluid that is located in between a tendon and a bone to help the former move smoothly over the latter. Specifically, your retrocalcaneal bursa is located between your Achilles tendon and your heel bone. With frequent trauma or overuse, the bursa can become inflamed. Although Achilles bursitis is often mistaken for Achilles tendonitis, both can actually occur at the same time, and this condition is known as Haglund's syndrome.
Wearing ankle supports and braces can help treat Achilles bursitis (and, by extension, Achilles tendonitis and Haglund's syndrome). The Bauerfeind AchilloTrain Pro, in particular, with its knobbed viscoelastic insert alongside the Achilles tendon, helps reduce pain and swelling brought about by Achilles bursitis and other ankle conditions and helps accelerate the healing process. Because Achilles bursitis is an ankle disorder commonly associated with runners, the Bauerfeind AchilloTrain Pro is one of the most ideal ankle supports for running.
Some of the Features of the Bauerfeind AchilloTrain Pro Ankle Support:
- Active support with high-reaching friction pad
- A machine-washable ankle brace that provides excellent Achilles tendon support and provides stability for continuous loading during movement
- Patented massage pad with silicone dots that exert intermittent compression to activate the muscular control of the Achilles tendon
- A lightweight, breathable anatomical knit that doesn't retain heat and provides excellent fit
- Viscoelastic insert that runs alongside the Achilles tendon and leaves it pressure-free, thus providing intermittent compression that reduces pain and swelling
- Soft proprioceptive stimulating nodules incorporated on the inside of viscoelastic insert improves muscle control and longitudinal grooves help stimulate the upper tendon and muscle-tendon transition and nerve endings
- Massaging nodules that accelerate the healing process
- Integrated stretch zone knitted in the front of the support makes it easy to put on and take off
- Optimal fit, comfortable, and pleasant to wear
The Bauerfeind AchilloTrain Pro Ankle Support Brace Is Ideal For:
- Bursitis of the Achilles
- Achilles tendonitis
- Achilles tendon strain
- Post-Achilles tendon rupture
- Haglunds Deformity
- Sever's Disease
- Use by runners and sports enthusiasts (an excellent ankle brace for running or an ankle-foot support for other sports)
|Name||Bauerfeind AchilloTrain Pro Ankle Support - Achilles Bursitis Treatment|
Write Your Own Review
|Shipping Method||Destination||Est. Delivery Date|
|Ground||Continental US Only||06/01/2013 - 06/04/2013|
|2nd Day||United States||06/01/2013|
|Next Day||United States||05/31/2013|
|Expedited||Canada||06/02/2013 - 06/05/2013|
|International||International||06/03/2013 - 06/09/2013|
|Circumference in inches||6 ⅔-7 ½||7 ½-8 ¼||8 ¼-9||9-9 ⅘||9 ⅘-10 ⅔|
|Measurement is taken at the circumference of the ankle|