The Bauerfeind AchilloTrain: an Excellent Ankle Support for Achilles Tendonitis
Bauerfeind's AchilloTrain Achilles tendon support is a comfortable knitted ankle support wrap with a silicone insert strategically positioned alongside the Achilles tendon and under the heel. The AchilloTrain is one of the few ankle supports in the market today that is specifically designed to treat Achilles tendonitis and a host of other Achilles tendon conditions and injuries.
What is Achilles Tendonitis and How Can an Achilles Tendon Support Strap Help?
Achilles tendonitis is a common foot condition that causes pain in the back of the leg near the heel. The Achilles tendon, the biggest tendon in the human body, connects the calf muscles to the heel bone. It is important to note that even though your Achilles tendon can normally withstand extreme stress brought about by brisk walking, running, and jumping, it is also prone to tendonitis—a condition often associated with overuse and degeneration.
Contrary to popular belief, Achilles tendonitis is not usually related to a specific injury. The problem commonly lies when the tendon suffers from continuous and repetitive stress. This often occurs when people push their bodies to do too much, too soon; however, other factors that contribute to the onset of Achilles tendonitis include the following: a sudden increase in the amount or intensity of exercise over a short period of time, tight calf muscles that tend to put additional stress on the Achilles tendon, and extra bone growth also known as a bone spur.
Wearing an ankle brace for Achilles tendonitis is an effective way to treat this condition. This type of ankle support that specifically targets the Achilles tendon helps reduce the irritation of the tendon and can even reduce the strain.
Those who are suffering from Achilles tendonitis can benefit from using an Achilles support brace like the Bauerfeind AchilloTrain.
Some of the Features of This Achilles Tendon Ankle Brace:
- Knitted Achilles tendon support incorporating an anatomically contoured silicone insert that runs alongside the Achilles tendon
- Silicone insert that leaves the tendon pressure-free and provides intermittent compression for the reduction of swelling and edema
- Built-in contour of anatomical knit that places the ankle in slight plantar flexion
- Viscoelastic heel-wedge incorporated into the ankle strapping to additionally raise the heel for relief of Achilles tendonitis
- Additional heel-wedge for the unaffected foot, thus preventing leg-length discrepancies
- Heel cushions that provide peak shock load reduction for the joints and vertebral column
- Offers stability, relieves the tendon, and reduces pain from the afflicted area
- A lightweight, breathable, and completely machine-washable knit that doesn't retain heat
The Bauerfeind AchilloTrain Achilles Tendon Support Can Be Used to Help With:
- Achilles tendonitis (as an effective ankle tendonitis brace)
- Achilles tendon strain
- Bursitis of the Achilles
- Post-Achilles tendon rupture (perfect for use as an orthotic ankle brace)
- Haglunds Deformity
- Selver's Disease
|Name||Bauerfeind AchilloTrain Achilles Tendon Support|
Write Your Own Review
|Shipping Method||Destination||Est. Delivery Date|
|Ground||Continental US Only||06/25/2013 - 06/28/2013|
|2nd Day||United States||06/25/2013|
|Next Day||United States||06/24/2013|
|Expedited||Canada||06/26/2013 - 06/29/2013|
|International||International||06/27/2013 - 07/03/2013|
|Circumference in inches||6 ¾-7 ½||7 ½-8 ¼||8 ¼-9||9-9 ⅞||9 ⅞-10 ⅝|
|Measurement is taken at the circumference of the ankle|